Hazelcast is a venture backed startup out of silicon valley that seeks to disrupt the database world through providing compact and easy to use in-memory software that re-imagines Enterprise Software Architecture to be fully distributed and elastic.
Previously he was Senior Vice President of Platform Marketing & Developer Relations at Kii Corporation. Kii provides a Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (MBaaS) that serves the largest phone carriers and leading app makers on Android and iOS platforms. Kii Cloud serves over 25 million users and drives over $250M in industry revenues.
Miko’s career spans over 15 years of entrepreneurial technology leadership, having built and led technology platform marketing and product organizations across a wide range of software organizations from startup to billion-dollar levels.
Miko is based in silicon valley and has created shareholder value through buying and selling many companies. He is a Limited Partner with Focus Ventures, a VC firm with over a half billion dollars under management.
Prior to his current role, Matsumura served as Vice President and Chief Strategist at Software AG, where he played a key role in the M&A team that drove Software AG from under a half billion to over one billion dollars in annual revenue through acquisitions.
He joined Software AG through their $38M cash acquisition of webMethods, where he served as Vice President of SOA Product Marketing. He joined webMethods through their acquisition of Infravio where he served as Vice President of Worldwide Marketing.
Previously, he was Chief Java Evangelist for the Java Platform at Sun Microsystems. He has worked extensively with software startup companies, raising more than $12 million in capital for silicon valley and overseas startups. He has worked extensively with investment bankers, venture capital firms and startups in an advisory capacity.
Matsumura holds an MBA from San Francisco State University and a master’s degree in neuroscience from Yale University. Matsumura was named at Cloud Expo 2009 West as one of the World’s 30 Most Influential Virtualization Bloggers.
He is the author of the book “SOA Adoption for Dummies”. He was recently selected to be a Keynote Speaker for Social Media Week in San Francisco. His work has been covered in publications such as Newsweek, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and WIRED Magazine. He is a contributing author to Broadband Convergent and has written for Forbes. Current Advisory Board Memberships:
- Focus Ventures: Limited Partner Venture Capital Firm with $825M under management
- Genetic Finance: Massively Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms currently live trading millions of dollars in public equities
- KeepSafe, a mobile app with over 5M downloads on Google Play and iTunes App Stores
- WSO2, an open source API Management and Enterprise Cloud Services company
- Push-to-Test: a cloud testing company for the mobile and social age
- BT Summit Cloud Expo: a bi-coastal conference on Cloud and Big Data for business
Past Advisory Board Memberships/Associations:
- TogetherSoft: Acquired by Borland (NASDAQ:BORL) for $185M USD
- Kendara: consumer internet startup acquired by Excite@Home
- Blogger.com: acquired by Google (NASDAQ:GOOG)
- The Middleware Company: acquired by TechTarget (NASDAQ:TTGT)
- Dejima: acquired by Sybase (NYSE:SY)
Recent speaking Engagements:
- Keynote: W-Jax Munich 2013 Epic Win: How Developers will win the Eternal Battle with IT Operations
- Session: GOTO Chicago 2013 Leveraging cloud for cross and multiplatform development
- Startup Showcase: STRATA+ Hadoop World New York City 2013 Presenting Hazelcast, leading open source in-memory data grid
- Keynote: Social Media Week San Francisco 2012: Occupy the Exponential Function: Network Theory and Social Transformation
- Opening Keynote: Mobile Developer Summit 2012 Bangalore India–Emerging Platforms for Mobile Application Development
- Second Day Keynote: Mobile Developer Summit 2012 Bangalore India –Neuroscience of Mobile Application Engagement
- Speaking: API Strategy and Practice 2012 New York City: Mobile Backend-as-a-Service
- Speaking: Evans Data Developer Relations Conference: Mobile Developers
Recent Press mentions: